With our seventh grade year drawing to an end, we’ve learned quite a few things that have helped us stay on track. Keep reading as we share with you some of our secrets to success.
1) Stay Organized: Your life will be easier if you spend a few extra seconds making sure everything in your binder is in the right spot; you won’t constantly be scrummaging around for the right papers.
2) Don’t be late to classes: Not only will you fall behind, but you could possibly create a habit of being tardy, which will build into a referral. Thus, it is best to stay on top of your schedule.
3) Do your homework: In most classes, homework is a daily grade, and could be up to 40% of your final grade. Just because homework doesn’t count as much as exams, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it.
4) Prepare for your tests: Studying is essential to do well in each subject, and not reviewing your work or notes could result in a terrible test grade. To avoid doing poorly on a test, make sure to study!
5) Don’t overcrowd your schedule: Although there may be things that you can’t wait to do in seventh grade, you have to remember to limit yourself and make sure you have time to breathe.
6) Don’t procrastinate: Doing assignments at the last minute is never a practical thing to do, especially as your courses get more grueling and require more time.
7) Don’t skip breakfast: In order to keep your brain functioning properly, a good and hearty breakfast every morning should be there to help you make it through your day.
8) Try your best: Give 100% of your effort into what you do, no matter the obstacles that may come your way, for eventually, your work shall pay off.
9) Don’t be afraid to show your true self: Always remember that you don’t need to please anybody but yourself. Follow your own heart, not everybody elses.
10) Never give up: Although times may seem hard now, they’re bound to get better if you persevere and give everything that you do your all.
Best of luck to you in your seventh grade year! 🙂
~ Alita and Kristen