Since summer is coming so soon, I think it’s time to help up and coming 7th graders and middle schoolers in general.
1. Be nice to everyone, stay out of gossip. This one is super important. I wish that I would have followed it more! It really helps you create a great self image and makes you a better person.
2. Join lots of clubs and do lots of things around the school! This will help you meet a great variety of people and you will see things you like and don’t like.
3. 7th graders–make sure to do all the sports you can. You will, again, see what you enjoy and what you don’t (plus you’ll get to leave school early sometimes!)
4. Make sure to always do your homework and listen to your teachers. Teachers will only help you and if you pay attention, listen, and take in what your teachers are saying, you are bound to have an amazing year and your grades will be OUTSTANDING!
5. Don’t take classes you don’t want to take just cause your friends are taking them. This will make you miserable throughout the year because you don’t want to do it. You could end up failing just because you were bored out of your mind!
6. If you aren’t ready to take an AP class, don’t take it. Again, you’ll end up being miserable because you’re confused and don’t understand the material, please, go see your counselor to see what your options are to switching classes.
7. If you’re struggling in class, ask your teacher for help!
This one is SO important! If you don’t understand how to do something, go see your teacher during Wildcat Time or their off period! They will help you as much as possible!
8. If you have problems with other students or anyone at all, see the counselor or talk to an adult.
Another very important one!! This can help you so much. Counselors will help you come up with ways to end the problem, or bring in the other person/people you’re having a problem with and help you!
I really hope that these tips help you! Good luck with the next school year and have fun!