She stepped out and drew her breath
As she faced the long city streets.
The cold, crisp air whirled around her
As she walked down the busy sidewalk.
A thousand lights flashed in her face
And in their colorful light she smiled.
There were advertisements for all of the shows,
Most of which she had seen.
She remembered the last notes of all the final songs
And wished that she, too could feel the stage lights shining on her.
But for now she made do with the bright lights of the city.
She sighed with hope that it would come,
The day when she was rewarded with a standing ovation
For all of her hard work and dedication.
And she got a chill, out in the cold night air.
There she stood, in Times Square
And the air filled with music from her silly, childish wishes.
With that, the first snow fell
Leaving her optimistic heart full of foolish dreams.
And though she was aware of the trying road she took
She knew that even if the sky darkened, the city would remain just as bright.
1. I’m in theatre and currently I’m playing Ariel.
2. I love to sing.
3. Ive always been pretty good at anything in the arts.
4. I’m a twin. (She’s the sporty one).
5. I’m in orchestra, and I play the cello.
6. Im currently taking Latin because I’m sure it’ll be very useful one day….. heh……
7. I’m pretty much addicted to Starbucks.
8. I was technically in the news once.
9. I live in a circular house.
10. I’ve lived in Hawaii for a year.