- Even though you have to log into your blog with a username and password, ANYONE can see it. Therefore, be careful what you post.
- Think twice before doing anything. Do not tease, make fun of, or post unflattering pictures of anyone. If you have to stop and think about it, that’s a sign that it’s probably not appropriate.
- If you choose to post pictures, make sure you took them or that you have permission to use them. You need to own the pictures you post. Do not post someone else’s pictures.
- Proofread, proofread, proofread! I cannot stress this enough! BEFORE you hit the “Publish” button, be sure to thoroughly read through anything you’ve written and look for any errors.
- You are required to have your name in the title of your blog. Click here to view a tutorial on how to change the title of your blog.
- You are required to have a link to our class blog at the top of your sidebar or somewhere easy to find for visitors.
- You are required to post a blog to your blog page AT LEAST ONCE EACH WEEK, by Wednesday night at midnight. It could be on the topic that I post to my blog page each week, if I don’t have anything posted, it will be on a topic of your choosing. This blog post can be short. It doesn’t have to be that long but it does need to be long enough to explain the topic or tell a meaningful story.
- You are required to create a page titled About Me. View the specific instructions here.
- You are required to create a page or post for each project that we complete in class. On this page or post, you’ll document your entire project, from start to finish. You won’t have to turn anything in anymore. Everything will be posted to your website, including video if applicable. On your home page, you will create links to each of your project pages.
- You are required to have a sidebar or footer in which you will post links.
Look through the following checklist to make sure you have everything included: