Dogs or Cats? A question that often come up in our lives. Usually, we have an answer already ready: dogs (cats). But do you really know why you prefer one over the other? Maybe by reading this post, and listening to my reasons for choosing dogs, will make you rethink your decision.
I, myself, prefer dogs. Not that I think there is anything wrong with cats, I just prefer dogs. I don’t really know why I prefer dogs, maybe this post will not only explain to me, but also to y’all.
- They are excellent companions.
- Dogs provide a lot of excersise.
- They make you social! Dog-walkers meet other dog-walkers and then they start to talk about dogs and BAM you’ve got yourself a new friend.
- Dogs also provide many medical benefits. Click here to see what they are.
There are many other benefits of owning a dog, to find out more, click this. But for this next list, I’m going to give some negatives of owning a dog.
- You have to pick up their poop pretty regularly.
- Most dogs need a lot of attention, so if you’re really busy with work or a job, then getting a dog probably isn’t the best thing.
- Dogs also require a lot of maintenance, like grooming, and vetinary care.
So that is all of the negatives I could think of for owning a dog. Now that I have thought about it, I still prefer dogs. I realize that I haven’t done cats yet, and that’s coming up next!
- Cats reduce stress and anxiety.
- Decreases risk of stroke.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Cats have very painful claws.
- Cats don’t listen and learn to obey commands as well as dogs (usually) do.
- They shed A LOT!
- They throw up hairballs (ewwww)!
Now that you have read my lists (and maybe visited a few of the links), you can make your decision! Dogs or cats? The always impending question. For me? It’s still dogs! 😉