It’s a nerd fight going on for years since the 60’s and 70’s, and with little kids liking one side, and old guys loving the other. Which is better? Star Trek, or Star Wars?
Star Wars: The original trilogy was a great success, and a classic. But then, George Lucas decided to make a rushed in romance between an unlikely pair, add in reasons for how the Empire got its army that we don’t need to know, Shove in a gungan alien that basically sets the galaxy in motion by acting like a doofus, and tell the story of How I met your mother: Space version. That was called the prequel trilogy, a devastating catastrophe that burned the saga to the ground. In 2015, fans had hope for-“ahem” a new hope for the sequel trilogy. Nope. (At least in my opinion) the first movie of the new trilogy was a rip off of the fourth one. Now we can see where the other two movies are headed.
Star Trek: After the original series ended, they made the Next Generation, with Kirk, Spock, and Bones out of the picture, and replacing the crew members of the U.S.S. Enterprise with Captain Jean Luc Picard, the Klingon: Worf, Data, Geordi La Forge, etc. Then, in 2009, J. J. Abrams made a reboot of the franchise, and that started off a new future for the series. It was slightly better then the original series, but still had its own flaws. Overall, the prequel of this series overrides Star Wars’.
- Luke Skywalker- A blonde haired, anger management needing kid that kisses his sister and nearly kills his father.
- Han Solo- A scoundrel smuggler that everybody loves.
- Chewbacca- His friend: the walking, shaggy carpet with a crossbow.
- Princess Leia- Extra female.
- R2D2 &C3PO- A trash can and a Oscar award.
Captain James T. Kirk- The captain of the starship Enterprise. Wears the iconic yellow.
- Spock- Half human, half Vulcan science officer. Kirk’s friend.
- Bones- Doctor on the Enterprise. Has a pet tribble.
- Scotty- Scottish officer that controls the beaming device.
- Uhura- Female officer. I honestly don’t know much about her.
- Hikaru Sulu- Japanese science officer/ fencer
- Chekov- I don’t know much about him either.
Which is better, honestly?
Star Wars: A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away… The movies are set during the years of the rebel alliance, a resisting group struggling to fight against the evil Empire. The Jedi knights are all but extinct, yet there’s hope for the rebellion. In the desert waste land known as Tatooine, a farm boy named Luke Skywalker is set on a journey to become a Jedi like his father before him, whilst battling Darth Vader and his master: the Emperor. Big whoop.
Star Trek: Space. The final frontier. These are the voyages of the star ship Enterprise. Its five year mission: to seek new worlds, and strange places. To boldly go where no man has gone before. The first opening words sum up the whole series. Set in the future of earth, star fleet battles against the vicious Klingons, romulans, super blood humans, gorns, etc. It’s a space epic more cooler than Star Wars.
So what do you think? My favorite is Star Trek, but I like Star Wars as well. Leave a comment and let me know which franchise you love, or love to hate!