Students in periods 2 and 3 are entered in the Global Blogging Challenge, and for the Week 1 challenge we’ve been asked to introduce ourselves and share information about where we are from and what we love about our home. This Haiku Deck is one that some visitors from the fall may have seen before, but for those new to our blog, here are some photos we collected to showcase our city:
Created with Haiku Deck, the free presentation app
And here is a list of what we agree are some of the things we love most about Austin. Click on the links to see more.
What do we enjoy about living here?
- The Kite Festival at Zilker Park is an awesome annual event.
- Austin has what we kids call Graffiti Land!
- Great food is always nearby—P.Terry’s is one of our favorites.
- Austin City Limits Festival (ACL) is for music lovers—we get the best bands every year.
- Keep Austin Weird is a slogan endorsed by the Austin Independent Business Alliance, and you’ll see the shirts everywhere!
- Austin is the home of Texas Longhorn sports!
- Lake Austin is great for all kinds of water recreation.
- Eanes ISD , Westlake High School and our own West Ridge Middle School make us proud to be where we are!
Visitors, have you ever stayed in our city? What did you enjoy about your time here? If we were to come to your home town, what would be your top recommendation of things to do while we were there?