Recently, we’ve received visitors from Mrs. Flannery’s class in Australia. How cool is that?! We’re excited to be sharing our ideas with students in another part of the world.
Today we put together a list of what we think we know about Australia. No iPads allowed…this is what we came up with without using the internet:
- lots of kangaroos!
- lots of scary, deadly animals live in Australia
- more plains than mountain ranges
- many tourist attractions, such as the Sydney Opera House
- rain forests!
- Australians speak with an accent
- famous for the Great Barrier Reef
- emus! cassowaries!
- great surfing!
- had a national election in June
Mrs. Flannery’s class, how did we do? What more can you tell us about where you live?