Our 2017-2018 West Ridge Wildcats have been blogging for a few weeks now, and we’re off to a great start!
The topics we choose to write about each week can vary widely, but there’s always a common skill we’re focusing on. Recently, that skill has been paragraphing. No one wants to read a long block of text (especially when reading online).
We’ve been noticing the various ways in which paragraphing can be effective:
- paragraphing helps our readers follow our thinking
- paragraphing can add emphasis to a moment, helping our readers see, hear, and feel what we want them to see, hear, and feel
- paragraphing can enhance mood and add voice to a piece of writing
Check out these blog posts on a variety of topics, and notice how we’re organizing our thoughts into paragraphs 🙂
We invite you to leave us some comments. We’d love to hear from you!
- Luca reviews the “old’ Blade Runner in preparation for the release of Blade Runner 2049
- Abbie shares her experiences at summer camp
- Troy has some thoughts about the game Overwatch
- Miranda writes about her pet lizards
- Ian is writing a fiction story featuring a real-life gangster
- Scott has some thoughts about DNA and individuality
- Mary explains her disappointment with Texas weather
- Ethan describes his love of soccer
- Austin educates us about the history of Nintendo
- Joelle argues that dance is a sport
- Morgan introduces us to a dragon named Luna
For more of our work, see all 140 names on the sidebar to the left!
Image created via Canva.com