Our sixth period students are excited about their upcoming Skype chat with Mr. Webb’s class in New Zealand. The two classes have been visiting each other’s blogs, and now the kids will get to visit in person…sort of 🙂
We started preparing for our chat by brainstorming what we think we know about New Zealand:
- New Zealanders have little tiny ponies that are awesome
- The Lord of the Rings movies were filmed there
- “Kids ride kangaroos to school,” said Clark (really, Clark, really?!)
- You can order kangaroo meat at a restaurant
- Some schools let the kids go barefoot
- People in New Zealand have really cool accents
- There are tiny cows in New Zealand
- It rains more there than in Texas
- It’s hot and humid in New Zealand
- People drive on the left side of the road
- The Auroa School kids are amazing 🙂
- There are volcanoes in New Zealand
When we compared the size of Texas with the size of New Zealand, we were just as amazed as Mr. Webb’s kids. We know Texas is big, but wow, Texas is BIG!
Some students insisted that our above “facts” are wrong, with some saying kangaroos are in Australia, not New Zealand. We’ll have to do some investigating in the coming days!